Theme Preview Rss

VISION BOARDING 2021!!!

 I've always been one to set pretty big goals. And... to be honest I usually don't fully commit to the goals until I have broken down how I am going to get there into smaller steps and set a plan that I am comfortable with. THEN comes the fun part -- the execution of said plan!

Over the years, I've found that creating a vision board (or something similar) goes along with this and keeps me excited along the way. So, this year with the TRANS ROCKIES RUN in August, I thought the best way to keep myself motivated and on track was a vision board.

AND HERE IT IS!


I centered it with the Trans Rockies logo, as that is the big goal for the year. I then I filled it with reminders of why I am doing it, inspirational mantras to keep me going, fun things along the way (like Havasupai and lake trip!) and a few images from the past that I hope to "repeat" (ie, more camping with the fam, backpacking with the little, etc.). All steps and things to keep me motivated and get me to my goal!

I can't honestly say I had a horrible 2020. Was it different? Yes. Did I miss out on things? Of course. But I tried to focus on what I could do and cherish the positives that came out of the last year. So while I don't look at 2020 as a bust, I am using this board to really highlight and delight in the things I am looking forward to in 2021.

The best part of this is I am already living it. The quote at the top about needing a plan for your goal came from Kelly on a run. Find your power, find your purpose -- a little nugget I picked up from a Peloton ride. Not only are these things on my board, but they are part of my people and what I am trying to ascribe to. Even though my race isn't until August, I feel like I am putting the time in now. And I LOVE IT!!!

0 comments: